Port Angeles, WA
Sunday, June 2nd, 2024
7:30 AM Start – 7 Cedars Resort
(Walking Start at 6:00 AM)
North Olympic Discovery Marathon
The North Olympic Discovery Marathon takes place on a unique point to point course that incorporates the beautiful Olympic Discovery Trail with stunning views of the Olympic Mountains and a five mile finishing stretch along the shores of the Strait of Juan de Fuca.
Frequent sightings of seals, eagles, and an array of shore birds are common from the trail. Iconic trestle bridges provide beautiful backdrops. Salmon can be seen spawning at the Morse Creek crossing in the fall. The North Olympic Discovery Marathon is truly one of the most beautiful marathon venues anywhere.
This rails to trails course is a wide, hard surface (99% paved) trail. The course is marked at every mile and water stations are located approximately every two miles. Cool June weather can be expected – average high is 65F, average low is 49F, average mean is 57F. The race is organized by the Port Angeles Marathon Association – a group of accomplished amateur athletes. The Marathon is a USATF certified course and a Boston Marathon qualifier.
Walkers are welcome!
- Race Day: Sunday, June 2nd, 2024
- Start Time: 7:30 AM – 7 Cedars Resort
- Register By: Saturday, June 1st, 2024
- Bib Pickup: Red Lion Hotel – Port Angeles (221 N. Lincoln St. Port Angeles, WA 98362)
- Friday, May 31, 2024- 4 pm -7 pm
- Saturday, June 1st, 2024 – 11 am -5 pm
- Sunday, June 2nd, 2024 – Starting Line
Resources & Links
Course Map & Instructions
Parking & Shuttles
- Participants can park at the start line of the marathon at 7 Cedars Casino
- Shuttles Buses depart from the Gateway Transit Center in Port Angeles in both Am and PM.
- Free and pay parking is available throughout downtown Port Angeles.
- AM Shuttle times: 5:45 am – 6:15 am
- Buses run continuously (load and go). There are no reserved seats or times.
- PM Shuttle times: Noon & 1:30 pm
Marathon participants will receive a gender-specific long sleeve, 1/4 zip, wth thumb holes performance shirt.
Travel & Lodging
LOCATION & TRAVEL
The North Olympic Discovery Marathon is from Sequim to Port Angeles on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula. Click below to learn more about the area, directions for how to get here and what to do in the area.
Port Angeles, Washington has many great lodging options. The host hotel for this event is Red Lion Hotel – Port Angeles. The starting line hotel is 7 Cedars Resort. We have discount rates available at both hotels. You can find other lodging accommodations here: Lodging on the Olympic Peninsula.
About Port Angeles Marathon Association
The Port Angeles Marathon Association (PAMA) is located on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. PAMA hosts 5 different races annually. All races also have a virtual race option for all of the events if you are not able to make it out to the Olympic Peninsula for one or all of the races.