Port Angeles, WA
Saturday, June 1st, 2024
3:00 PM – Port Angeles City Pier
Kids are an important part of Marathon weekend. Participants from all over the United States and many countries come to the Olympic Peninsula to run in the Marathon. These adults train all year long to be in shape to run the distance. Kids have the opportunity to run their own marathon! Register today at: Kids Marathon Registration
Using the Kids Marathon Mileage Log, kids track 25 miles for 6 -10 weeks leading up to Marathon weekend. They set their own weekly goals, record their miles and earn rewards. On kids race day, the actual marathon course will be theirs and they will run their last 1.2 miles at City Pier under the same finish line as the marathon! All kids are welcome to participate in this fun run event.
FAMILIES ARE WELCOME TO JOIN THE KIDS!
- Race Day: Saturday, June 1st, 2024
- Race Time: 3:00 PM
- Start Location: Port Angeles City Pier
- Register By: Saturday, June 1st, 2024
- Bib Pickup:
- Friday, May 31, 2024 – 4 pm -7 pm
- Red Lion Hotel – Port Angeles (221 N. Lincoln St. Port Angeles, WA 98362)
- Saturday, 1st, 2024 – 1:30 pm
- White tent by starting line
- Friday, May 31, 2024 – 4 pm -7 pm
Resources & Links
Resources For Race Day
Links below are for 2023 as they are created for 2024 we will update the links
- Free and pay parking is available throughout downtown Port Angeles.
- The Kids Marathon is an out and back from the Port Angeles City Pier along the Olympic Discovery Trail
Kids Marathon participants will receive a tie-dye tee-shirt, finisher Medal and other goodies.
Day of Event FAQ
Where and when is the Kids Marathon?
The Kids Marathon takes place at Port Angeles City Pier. The run starts at 3pm be sure to arrive early.
Where and when can I pick up my kids Bib & Swag?
- Friday, June 2nd at the Red Lion Hotel, Port Angeles from 4-7pm.
- Saturday, June 3rd at Port Angeles City Pier 1:30 – 2:30 pm
Is there day of Registration for the Kids Marathon?
If there are any entries available there will be day of event registration. We cap the Kids Marathon at 500 participants.
Does my Kid have to run alone?
Parents, Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents, Guardian are welcome and encouraged to run/walk with their kids or wait at the finish line (camera ready). Course marshals will be staged along the course for safety.
Where do the Kids Run?
The Kids Marathon is an out and back along the Olympic Disco ery marathon. There is very little to no elevation gain/loss. Course marshals will be staged along the course for safety.
How do I register my child?
If your child is a student in Clallam County, please check with your child’s teacher to see if their classroom or school is already participating. If so, your child has a mileage log at school and will bring home a registration form for the 1.2 Mile Fun Run in the Spring.
If your child’s school is not participating or if you are visiting from out of town, follow these steps:
- Download the Kids Marathon Mileage Log
- Begin tracking miles
- Register online for the 1.2 Mile Fun Run
- Registration includes a t-shirt, race bib, goody bag, finishers PVC Medal and special treat after the run.
How do I track my child’s training miles?
- Login to RunSignup. We recommend letting it remember your username/password as you’ll be here often!
- Navigate to the Results page. We recommend bookmarking this page so you can find it quickly everyday.
- Click “Submit Virtual Results”
- You will be shown a calendar, select the current day or the day for which you are entering the miles.
- A second box says “Distance in Miles”, add the mileage you ran that day.
- Click “Submit your time”
RunSignup will automatically update your total distance and show you your total progression to date along the actual marathon course!
Tips and Tricks
- It’s best to enter your distance daily. Obviously life happens and you will perhaps not be able to every day, but staying consistent will make it easy so you’re not having to enter a ton of data at once. Plus seeing that progression is very motivating!
- For those athletes who “double” (that is, run/walk twice or perhaps more in a day), simply total the mileage that day and submit one entry. E.g., Allison runs 0.25 miles in the morning and then does another 0.75 that night. She should make one entry for 1 miles that day.
How can my kids get a FREE Registration?
We are very excited to announce that for the 2022 kids marathon any kids that completes their 25 miles will get a FREE entry into the kids marathon (for the on-site race only). We want to encourage and reward the kids that are invested in their training and themselves. We have 500 kids marathon entries, so this opportunity will be on a first come basis. Once kids complete their 25 miles their teacher or parent can submit their mileage form and be sent a code for a free registration.
Please submite mileage forms to: email@example.com
Travel & Lodging
LOCATION & TRAVEL
The Kids Marathon is an out and back from Port Angeles City Pier on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula Discovery Trail. Click below to learn more about the area, directions for how to get here and what to do in the area.
About Port Angeles Marathon Association
The Port Angeles Marathon Association (PAMA) is located on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. PAMA hosts 5 different races annually. All races also have a virtual race option for all of the events if you are not able to make it out to the Olympic Peninsula for one or all of the races.