3-5 Person Relay Team
Port Angeles, WA
June, 4th, 2023
7:30 AM Start – 7 Cedars Resort
(Walking Start at 6:00 AM)
The Relay will be run consecutively with the North Olympic Discovery Marathon and offers many divisions for fun and competition.
Team size can vary between 2-5 members. A 5 person team will run or walk legs between 4.2-6.7 miles. Smaller teams will divide the legs to meet their needs and will run longer distances. Four official exchange zone locations have been dedicated on the course map. Teams are responsible for their own transportation.
- Race Day: Sunday, June 4th, 2023
- Start Time: 7:30 AM – 7 Cedars Resort
- Walking Start – 6:00 AM (6+ Hours)
- Register By: Saturday, June 3rd, 2023
- Bib Pickup: Red Lion Hotel – Port Angeles (221 N. Lincoln St. Port Angeles, WA 98362)
- Friday, June 2nd, 2023- 4 pm -7 pm
- Saturday, June 3rd, 2023 – 11 am -5 pm
- Sunday, June 4th, 2023 – Starting Line
Resources & Links
Registration & Division
Check out the team divisions and registration fees on the Registration Information page. The Relay offers “fun for all.” Challenge your friends, family, co-workers, or teammates to get their health on this year and start training.
How to register your team:
- Select your team captain. Team captains are responsible for naming the team, designating the team’s division and inviting team members to join and register.
- Select your team – get your teammates/friends/co-workers together. Each member receives a high quality race shirt and finishers medal – and everything else that the marathon participant enjoys – water station support, food at the finish, music and more. Teams will be chip timed and results posted.
- If your team is going to finish in greater than 5 1/2 hours, please use the Marathon Walk early start time.
- Packet Pick-up – Relay teams have to designate ONE person to pick up their packets (It does not have to be the team captain). Please organize with your team ahead of time to minimize confusion for the team and our registration volunteer. Your team will have to get together after the Relay Team Bag has been collected to distribute the race bibs, shirts and relay information.
The Business Relay Registration includes your logo on printed on the back of the volunteer shirts, your name printed on the annual posters, your logo/banner displayed at the Business Relay site at the finish venue of the NODM. Additional business recognition is available at the various sponsorship levels. Contact email@example.com or call 585-451-0014.
Bibs & Timing Chip
All team members must wear a racing bib during the event.
- There is only one Relay bib that has a timing chip on the back. That is the bib that will be use for the RACE BIB BELT.
- The RACE BIB BELT with Team BIB and timing chip is what will be exhanged from one team member to the next at each excahnge zone.
- The entire team can park at the start line of the marathon at 7 Cedars Casino
- Teams are responsible for their own transportation from one exchange zone to the next.
Relay Exchange Zones
Relay Exchange zones are for registered runners only. Friends and family have to stay outside the zone.
Leg 1 (5.6 Miles) – Steady uphill Grade
Leg 2 (4.7 Miles) – Relatively Flat
Leg 3 (6.7 Miles) – Relatively Flat
Leg 4 (4.2 Miles) – Steep hill at start and finish -HILLY
Leg 5 (5.0 Miles) – Downhill and Flat
Marathon participants will receive a gender-specific long sleeve, 1/4 zip, wth thumb holes performance shirt.
Travel & Lodging
LOCATION & TRAVEL
The North Olympic Discovery Marathon is from Sequim to Port Angeles on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula. Click below to learn more about the area, directions for how to get here and what to do in the area.
Port Angeles, Washington has many great lodging options. The host hotel for this event is Red Lion Hotel – Port Angeles. The starting line hotel is 7 Cedars Resort. We have discount rates available at both hotels. You can find other lodging accommodations here: Lodging on the Olympic Peninsula.
About Run the Peninsula
The Run the Peninsula Race Series takes place on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. The series is made up of 5 different races. The series also has a virtual race option for all of the events if you are not able to make it out to the Olympic Peninsula for one or all of the races.
The North Olympic Discovery Marathon is a entire weekend of events on the Olympic Discovery Trail from Sequim to Port Angeles.
Run the Peninsula is very excited to be partnering with Rain Bear Running to provide a training program that will get you ready for any or all of our races on the Olympic Peninsula or Virtually – wherever you choose to run the event.