Discovery Half Marathon
Port Angeles, WA
Sunday, June 4th, 2023
8:30 AM Start – Agnew Soccer Fields
1240 N. Barr Road, Port Angeles, WA 98362
North Olympic Discovery Half Marathon
The North Olympic Discovery Half Marathon takes place on a unique point to point course that incorporates the beautiful Olympic Discovery Trail with stunning views of the Olympic Mountains and a five mile finishing stretch along the shores of the Strait of Juan de Fuca. This rails to trails course is a wide, mixed/hard surface trail. The race is organized by the Port Angeles Marathon Association – a group of accomplished amateur athletes.
The Half Marathon starts half-way between Sequim and Port Angeles at the Storm King Soccer Fields. The Half Marathon is open to runners and walkers. Race finishes at City Pier in downtown Port Angeles where festivities include music, food, massage, and a beautiful area for relaxing on the beach or walking to the local pub for cold beer and pizza
Walkers are welcome!
- Race Day: Sunday, June 4th, 2023
- Race Time: 8:30 AM
- Starting Line: Agnew Soccer Fields
- 1240 N. Barr Road, Port Angeles, WA 98362
- Register By: Saturday, June 3rd, 2023
- Bib Pickup: Red Lion Hotel – Port Angeles (221 N. Lincoln St. Port Angeles, WA 98362)
- Friday, June 2nd, 2023 – 4 pm – 7 pm
- Saturday, June 3rd, 2023. -11 am – 5 pm
- Sunday, June 4th, 2023 – Starting Line
Resources & Links
Course Map & Instructions
Parking & Shuttles
THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO PARKING AT THE START LINE. PARTICIPANTS CAN BE DROPPED OFF, BUT NO PARKING.
- Shuttles Buses depart from the Gateway Transit Center in Port Angeles in the morning.
- Shuttle times: 6:45 am- 7:45 a
- Buses run continuously (load and go). There are no reserved seats or times.
- Free and pay parking is available throughout downtown Port Angeles.
- If you’re looking for downtown parking in Port Angeles, there are several privately operated parking lots within a few blocks of the finish line, ranging in cost per day from $15 (covered parking ) down to $8 (a couple of blocks away). And on a Sunday there are several street parking free of charge. Reservations are not available and rarely is this a problem. There are many parking spaces.
Half Marathon participants will receive a gender-specific long sleeve, 1/4 zip, with thumb holes performance shirt.
Travel & Lodging
LOCATION & TRAVEL
The North Olympic Discovery Marathon is from Agnew to Port Angeles on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula. Click below to learn more about the area, directions for how to get here and what to do in the area.
Port Angeles, Washington has many great lodging options. The host hotel for this event is Red Lion Hotel – Port Angeles. You can find other lodging accommodations here: Lodging on the Olympic Peninsula.
About Port Angeles Marathon Association
The Port Angeles Marathon Association (PAMA) is located on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. PAMA hosts 5 different races annually. All races also have a virtual race option for all of the events if you are not able to make it out to the Olympic Peninsula for one or all of the races.